Prospective College Athletes: If you are hoping to play sports at the college level, you need to register to begin your eligibility clearing process:
Register with NCAA: www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Register with NAIA: www.playnaia.org.
Sept 24 - Dec. 21: Apply online for Community College Admissions (local campuses Fresno City, Reedley, Willow, Madera, & Oakhurst), www.cccapply.com. Select 2013 High School Graduate as 'Term applying for.'
Dec 19 & 20: 1st Semester Final Exams
Dec 21: Turn in your Cal Grant GPA Release Form to Mrs. Hannigan
Dec 21: 1st Semester Ends, Grades posted to transcript for graduation and college eligibility, Eligibility determined
Jan 1: Log on to www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin completing 2013-2014 FAFSA application for college.
Jan 17: Fall 2012 Academic Awards Assembly, 11/12th grade, Tutorial
by Jan 18: Complete online admissions application and online orientation for community college admissions: www.scccd.edu.
Jan 24: Community College Placement Test @ LHS. Must have completed online admissions application and online orientation to take the test!
Jan 28: FAFSA Workshop for 12th grade parents, 6:30 p.m., LHS Library
Jan 28: Be sure you have turned in your Cal Grant GPA Release Form to Mrs. Hannigan!
Feb 21: Late Cap/Gown Orders, Jostens, 5-6:30 p.m., Theater Lobby
Feb 22: 6 week progress reports. Athletic/Activity eligibility determined.
March 1: Fresno Pacific University application deadline
March 2: Priority deadline to submit FAFSA online
March 20: OPEN HOUSE, 6 p.m., Gymnasium
April 15: 12th Grade Parent Meeting - Graduation, 6 p.m., Theater
April 17: 12th Grade class meeting, tutorial
April 25: Registration for Community College Summer/Fall 2013 classes. Must have already applied, completed orientation, and placement testing to register for classes.
April 29-May 2: Senior Exit Interviews/Presentations
May 8 - May 14: AP Testing
May 16: 12th grade class meeting - Grad Nite/Finals, tutorial
May 20: Senior Awards Night by invitation, 7 p.m., Theater
May 23: Graduation Speaker/Singer Tryouts
May 24 & 28: Final Exams
May 29: Last day of instruction for 12th grade, Spring semester grades due, posted to transcript to determine graduation eligibility
May 30-31: Grad Nite for registered/eligible seniors
June 3-6: Graduation Practice, Cap/Gown distribution, 8:30-11:30 a.m. each day
June 6: Class of 2013 Graduation Ceremony, Stadium, Guest admission by ticket only
June 6: Sober Grad Party following graduation ceremony
Before November 30, seniors should have completed the following for college:
1) Taken or have registered for the SAT or ACT test. Test scores will only be accepted through December for students applying to CSU/UC campuses .
2) Submitted an admissions application to one of our local community college campuses: www.cccapply.com
3) Recieved a confirmation email from the local community college district (SCCCD) acknowledging your application
4) Created a SCCCD email account per the instructions given in your acknowledgement email
5) Submitted an admissions application to one or more of the CSU campuses if applicable: www.csumentor.edu
6) Received a confirmation email from each CSU campus you applied to acknowledging the receipt of your application
7) Created a CSU email account/student portal for each campus that you have applied to per the instructions in the email your recieved confirming receipt of your application
8) Prepared your personal statement essays if applying to UC campuses
9) Submitted an admissions application to one or more of the UC campuses if applicable: www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply.
10) Explored requirements/dates/deadline for all other college campuses to ensure you complete all required tasks for admissions in a timely manner.
11) Explored special program opportunities for each of the colleges you have or plan to apply to. Note application requirements and deadlines.
12) Obtained at least 3 letters of recommendation and are actively applying for scholarship opportunities: www.fastweb.com.
13) Registered with NCAA (www.eligibilitycenter.org) or NAIA (www.playnaia.org) if applicable.
**This list is not all inclusive but is provided to give students a general guideline on critical college admission tasks**