ROP Digital Media (Regional Occupational Program) -Class Syllabus
The ROP class is designed to give student real world experiences, in the field of Photography, Videography and Computer Software applications as well as business, to give them a head start in the market place.
April 8th - May 24th:
50 Hour Final - this working project requires students to submit a Time Sheet of all work produced or worked on throughout the week. The work itself is varied, because each student will be working with the Design Software to make projects relevant to their needs.
A Portfolio with 12-20 works of art will be submitted in conjunction with the Final.
Feb. 11th - Mar. 1st:
(1) Illusrator practice; "Watch" and "Playing Card." (2) Photoshop "Lightning and other Special F/X.
Jan. 14th - Feb. 8th:
(1) Continue Photoshoot "200 Pictures in a Corner" (2) Career Skills Challenge work; Photoshop "The Scratch." (3) Adobe Illustrator practice "Double Page Spread."
Nov. 26th - Dec. 21st:
(1) Yearbook Green Screen PhotoShoots and Edits (2) "Causes/Information" Presentations
Oct. 22nd - Nov. 16th:
(1) Photoshoot Edits, (2) Photoshoots
Oct. 1st - Oct. 19th:
(1) Edit football pics and distribute, (2) Edit pics for yearbook and distribute, (3) Instruction and Retouching project in Adobe Photoshop, (4) work on developing first photoshoot.
Sept. 10th - Sept. 28th:
Students have learned to be more proficient with the DSLR Camera. In class lessons on how to shoot action photography. (1) Flyer development for marketing using Adobe Illustrator, (2) Continued Illustrator practice (3) First photographic event, Football pics at Homecoming.
August 27th - Sept. 7:
Students will be begin to learn Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (1) Artist Brand/Icon Logo (2) Camera Exposure Quiz and start creating (3) Marketing Flyers to promote picture sales at Sporting Events.